Cookie Notice

As far as I know, and as far as I remember, nothing in this page does anything with Cookies.

2008/12/18

Going Through The Inbox ...

Hopefully, this isn't a boring thing. But it does have to be done.

This being the process of going through the magazines on my desk, putting the information onto the blog, and, the process, into my head.

Dr. Dobb's Journal, January 2009.

  • Functional Programming: Has It's Ship Come In?

    Functional programming: It's hot, it's cool, it maybe maps to multi-core better than Procedural and Object-Oriented programming, but it isn't good with IO so it hasn't been big like some other languages. It's interesting. When I hear procedural, I think cop shows. When I hear functional, I think "it works". A procedural language follows a procedure. A functional language works via functions. This is the stereotype: function( function( function( function( function( function( function( function( function( function( function( function( ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) If it fails to work, just throw a few more close-parens.
    The interesting thing about this article is that it suggests a few

  • Mono, Linux and .NET Development

    It's less that the thought of Microsoft stuff on Linux is repugnant to me than it seems like an odd sort of virtualization.


Just noticed something interesting. The Blogspot web interface traps Control-S and does a save of the current post text to the server, not the current page to the desktop. Pretty neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment