Cookie Notice

As far as I know, and as far as I remember, nothing in this page does anything with Cookies.

2009/02/05

Knowing Your Problem Set...



My employer (writ large) made a widget that'll tell you via SMS if there's emergency. This is of questionable use to me. I work in a sub-basement, so I have cell phone reception on campus from the time I leave my car to the time I hit the bottom of the staircase, and back. But what the heck. Could be useful, right? One day, I might know not to come in because my phone tells me that it's under 10 feet of snow.

This is the entry form.

It only accepts ###-###-#### for the phone number. Not ### ### ####, which is what I wrote first. Not ###.###.####, which is what I generally use.
Not (###)###-####, which is the universal (or at least US) standard.

A three-field phone number makes sense. There are many out-of-state students here, students who might want to receive their alerts on their out-of-state phones. Having the three fields in one? Doesn't make a lot of sense. Not without code to identify different formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment