Cookie Notice

As far as I know, and as far as I remember, nothing in this page does anything with Cookies.

2010/06/30

Bluetooth Question

I have a netbook. It has a Bluetooth dongle. An IOGear dongle using a Broadcom 2046 chip. Don't know if that makes any difference.

I have a phone. A Samsung Instinct. Don't know if that makes any difference.

I wanted to try to use my Samsung as a data modem for my netbook in those few moments when I didn't have WiFi close by. Never really got it to work. Not really a huge concern for me, as I spend most of my time within easy access of WiFi.

And now, when I have my netbook on, it seems to try to connect every 30 seconds or so to my phone.

  • I work out of cell phone reception, so it couldn't connect on my desk if I wanted it to, which really I don't
  • It drops to the speed dial menu after it fails and drops the lock, which puts me in danger of butt dialing
  • It keeps it from being in sleep mode, thus eating the battery
So, clearly, I hate hate hate that it does this.

Any pointers to fixing this behavior while still keeping the Bluetooth dongle on? I on occasion want to copy things to the phone without finding my USB cable, and would rather have things on.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a function of Sprint SmartView. I stopped having it come on by default and that seems to have fixed it.

    ReplyDelete