Cookie Notice

As far as I know, and as far as I remember, nothing in this page does anything with Cookies.

2010/09/14

The Trojan Phone?

Do you read Eric Raymond's blog? I put it on my Google Reader list, but I haven't hit it in a while, but I read a few in the last few days.

If you've been watching Google lately, with the joint take on Net Neutrality with Verizon, it's easy to wonder "What are they doing?" ESR's take seems to be that, by getting the phones cheaper, they're breaking the hold that the phone providers have. Combine this with Jeff Atwood's take that the fast OODA loop is beating the handset maker and service providers option-breaking "customization" and you begin to see a world with very powerful, very inexpensive and essentially unlocked phones. Which I think is way cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment