Cookie Notice

As far as I know, and as far as I remember, nothing in this page does anything with Cookies.

2010/11/29

First Real Day With Android/EVO

I received the thing Friday and poked at it all weekend. I don't think I'll have to decide to love this thing.

But I have found a problem. Or at least a non-solution.

I work in a sub-basement. This means no cell connection. I mean, if I sat six feet to the south, there's a slight chance I could get a quarter-bar just enough for a ring. But I don't. So, I have been dreaming of ways to get my phone on. My way has been Google Voice and Gizmo. This meant that I cart my netbook with me. I had been hoping that I could answer calls via WiFi, but that seems to be a no-go.

There's also a Voyage app, but it only works on GSM phones, not CDMA phones like mine. What might work is Skype, but that strikes me as a mighty big if.

So, we'll see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment